13 January 2009

InnerTube Awesomeness

Being a philosophical/theoretical emphasis in my PhD program, words do not often fail me. However, I am completely at a loss for words when it comes to describing the awesomeness that is innertube waterpolo.

A friend invited me to his team last year and it was great then too. Today was the first game of the first season and we slided to an easy victory.* It was as good as I remember and better. I'm playing on a ward team so the first order of business was to change our name from "BYU 103rd Ward" to "Team Awesomeness." And we are.

I'd post pictures, but 1) my camera is not waterproof and 2) I haven't met my dieting goals well enough to post online pictures of me in a swimsuit. However, this shot of me right after the game should show off the awesomeness just by the size of my smile:

*Our schedule opponent did not have enough players show up, so we'd have won by default (we were down a player, but still have enough to play). However, since the other game that was scheduled simultaneously also had one of their teams no show, the refs put the two teams that had enough players together for an offical game. That one we lost. Like 27 to 11. But we got a lot better the second half!

No comments:

Post a Comment